The Cook County Building & Zoning Department is accepting
applications for a certified building/zoning administrator.
- Performs framing, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and
- Issues building permits for county and local municipal
- Enforces county and local municipal ordinances.
- Handles rezoning and variance cases.
- Provides staff support for the Planning Commission.
- Attends council and commission meetings as needed.
- Enforces environmental codes and ordinances
- Performs site evaluations.
- Provides evidence in court in support of zoning
- Provides information to the public in regards to flood
map questions and concerns.
- Performs related duties.
Applicants must have -
- Knowledge building inspections principles and practices.
- Knowledge of zoning enforcement principles.
- Knowledge of relevant State and Federal codes and
- Knowledge of computers and job related software
- Skills in analysis of problems and the development of
implementation of solutions.
- Skill in preparation of clear and precise reports.
- Skill in the completion of required inspections.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Applications are online at www.cookcountyga.us. Applications
will be received until position is filled. Resumes will not be
considered unless accompanied by a completed application.
Applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment drug
test and industrial physical upon offer of employment.
Applications will be accepted Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30 p.m.