The Cook County Airport Authority of Cook County, Georgia is seeking a qualified aviation consulting firm to provide professional architectural, and construction engineer and administration services in connection with the Airport Capital Improvement Plan at the Cook County Airport in Adel, Georgia.
It is the intent of the Cook County Airport Authority and Cook County Board of Commissioners to enter into a multi-year Master Agreement with a consultant for the upcoming five (5) year period. The selected consultant will negotiate and enter into individual sub-agreements for services, based on the scope of work, with the Cook County Airport Authority and Cook County Board of Commissioners on an assignment-by-assignment basis during the term of the Master Agreement. The selection of the consultant is being done in accordance with FAA Advisory Circular 150/5100-14D and applicable Georgia statues and laws. Responding firms must possess a current pre-qualification by the Georgia Department of Transportation in Area Classes, No. 2.09 Aviation and 8.02 Airport Construction Administration.
The consultant and any sub-consultants proposed shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, or sex in the performance of this contract. Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) utilization is strongly encouraged. Proposed DBE firms are to be certified by the Georgia Uniform Certification Program. The consultant shall carry out applicable requirements of 49 CFR Part 26 in the award and administration of all Federally-assisted contracts. Failure by the consultant to carry out these requirements is a material breach of the contract, which may result in the termination of the contract or such other remedy as the Airport Authority deems appropriate.
The Cook County Airport Authority and Cook County Board of Commissioners reserves the right to reject any and all submittals in response to this Request for any reason. The Cook County Airport nor Cook County Board of Commissioners is not liable for any costs incurred by the Consultant in the preparation or presentation of a response to this request.
Scope of Services
The scope of work to be included in the multi-year contract may include, but is not limited to, the following:
a. Prepare Project Funding Applications and Capital Improvements Program (CIP) Documents.
b. Perform Design, Bidding and Negotiation, Construction Administration, and Resident Inspection Services.
c. Assist with DBE Program Overall Goal Updates / Program Administration.
d. Prepare/Update Exhibit “A” Property Line Map, Airport Layout Plan, and Environmental Assessments as necessary.
e. Construct/Rehabilitate Airfield Drainage Systems.
f. Construct/Rehabilitate Airfield Pavement, Lighting, and NAVAIDs/ILS Improvements.
g. Construct/Rehabilitate Airport Buildings (Terminal / Hangars / Maintenance).
h. Construct/Rehabilitate Airport Roadways and Parking Lots.
i. Install/Upgrade Airport Fencing and Security Systems.
j. Land Acquisition
k. Such other airport-related work as the Cook County Airport Authority and Cook County Board of Commissioners may deem necessary.
Required information is to be presented in a manner that clearly illustrates the following:
1. Team Description / Background: A general description of the submitting firm and general information regarding any sub-consultant firms.
2. Organizational Chart: Include clear illustration as to the Project Manager and key personnel representing the primary firm.
3. Resumes: Include for key personnel. Indicate each individual’s qualifications and experience.
4. Relevant Experience: Qualifications and experience of the primary firm in the past five (5) years at general aviation airports similar in nature to the Cook County Airport.
5. Proximity to the Cook County Airport: Geographical location of the office that will be primarily responsible for assigned projects and where the work will be accomplished, as well as the location of any supporting offices that will likely be involved in this contract.
6. References: Contact name, agency name, and telephone number of at least four (4) current airport clients of the primary firm located within Georgia or adjacent states.
7. Regulatory Familiarity: Demonstrate familiarity with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Atlanta District Office and Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) Aviation Programs.
8. Workload: Provide a brief summary of the primary firm’s current workload and ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
The criteria to be used in the selection of the consultant are as follows:
1. Firm Qualifications and Experience
2. Key Personnel Qualifications and Experience
3. Relevant Project Experience
4. Geographical Location
6. Performance on Past Similar Projects
7. Familiarity with the FAA and GDOT Aviation Programs
9. Responsiveness to the RFQ
All interested parties should submit five (5) copies of the Statement of Qualifications, which shall contain no more than twenty (20) pages, excluding tabs and a cover letter. Submittals shall be printed single-sided on 8.5” x 11” paper.
Responses are to be addressed to:
FAYE HUGHES, ADMINISTRATOR COOK COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS 1200 S. HUTCHINSON AVE. ADEL, GA 31620
Deadline for submittal is Monday, March 27, 2023, 12 noon. Statement of Qualifications should be delivered in a sealed envelope or box clearly marked, “Airport Consulting Engineering Services.” The Cook County Board of Commissioners shall assume no responsibility for responses that are received after the prescribed time, or that are not properly addressed or identified.
Please submit any questions regarding this RFQ via e-mail to Faye Hughes, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for questions shall be Friday, March 10, 2023, 4:30 p.m.
This is a Request for Qualifications only. Price proposals are not required at this time.
Qualifications will be reviewed and evaluated by a Selection Committee based on the criteria listed herein. At the discretion of the Selection Committee, consultants may or may not be invited to participate in an interview. It is the intent of the Cook County Airport Authority of Cook County, Georgia to select a consultant as a result of this effort.