A secure Absentee Ballot Drop Box has been placed by the front entrance of the Cook County Administration Building for those wishing to deliver their voted absentee ballots rather than placing them in the mail. Contact our office at 229-896-7925 should you have questions.
The Board of Elections registers all eligible citizens to vote, provides free voter ID’s, and maintains district maps for Cook County. We also conduct all Federal, State and County wide elections, maintain election results, and uphold election laws regarding registration and voting.
1. Be a citizen of the United States
2. Be a legal resident of the Cook County
3. Be at least 17 1/2 years of age to register and 18 years of age to vote
4. Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
5. Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
Please Note: The list of Election Events must be set in advance by the Georgia Secretary of State. It does not mean that all events listed will happen. Any Election Event for Cook County will be published in the Adel News Tribune and on the Public Notices page on the county website.
The Secretary of State’s Office has also established a secure website and free-access telephone number for provisional ballot voters to access to determine whether their provisional ballots were counted and if not, the reason why.
The website is
The free access number is (844) 537-5375.